Saturday, March 3, 2012

Women Empowerment...

Today when I went to the cafeteria for lunch, one guy asked my opinion about Women empowerment? I was shocked a little bit because he had a camera and mike in his hands then I realized that it was a part of a video shoot for women’s day celebration in my office. After a pause of a few seconds, I said something about women’s rights, education, child marriage, domestic violence, etc

Now in my blog, I can write freely about it. I believe that women empowerment can only be achieved when the woman knows about her rights and is financially and mentally independent. I saw many girls who are dependent on others for making decisions, for traveling, for buying some stuffs etc. They cannot go outside without a company of her friends/Family members. Empowering women mean making them capable enough so that they can handle any challenge without any hitch. 

I am lucky that I am living a very decent life in all aspects be it career wise, socially or financially and I gave the whole credit of this to my mother. She cultivated good habits in me. I have been never dependent on others for my work since from my childhood. Very often I got compliment regarding my academic background as I was a batch topper both at graduation and post graduation levels. Thanks mom for making my life so smooth. Just because of your efforts, I am a well educated and self dependent girl ….

1 comment:

  1. I am truly impressed by your writing skills neha...Your blog is too good....

    ReplyDelete