Sunday, May 6, 2012

I hardly watch television as I don’t like the content/conspiracy which is shown in now day’s serial/shows. But today I watched “Satyamev jayate” (thanks to Shweta who forced me to sit in front of the TV in the morning).  The show was an eye opener for me.

I was shocked to see the statistics regarding female feticides and the torture which is given to a woman if she fails to give birth to a male child. This show was a complete satire on the Indian society which talks about women liberty and empowerment. In reality, our society is still male dominant; on one hand it worships Goddess Durga, Lakshmi, on the other it does not hesitate in killing female in the mother’s womb!!!!

I believe that killing female fetus in the mother’s womb is the most brutal form of killing females. Pregnancy/Motherhood is the most awaited or happiest phase in any woman’s life. But ironically in some cases that excited phase is made torturous by her husband/family members. It is appalling to see that doctors are participating in this illegal and unethical act just for the sake of making more money. 

It’s high time now to make people realize the importance of women in society....

No comments:

Post a Comment