Monday, May 28, 2012

Irony of Indian Women...


I don’t know why after crossing the age of 25-26 years, it becomes essential for any Indian women to get married. Is it the only criteria which make her a complete woman???

I am constantly being told by some of my so called well wishers how essential marriage is for happy, secure and stable life.

According to me, marriage is a very important decision to spend your entire life with someone you truly love and respect. It is no where related to deal with woman’s social acceptance and security in the society. For the past six years I am living away from my family. I travel very frequently that too alone and most of my colleagues are male. But in six years, I never face any issue which threatens my security and individuality.

I really cannot seem to comprehend the relationship between woman’s security and marriage?

We need to change the mindset of the society which pressurizes woman for getting married after a certain age. Let a woman make her own choices, let her decide with whom she wants to spend her entire life.

 For marriage, matching a same wavelength with your life partner is very essential. A marriage between two people who truly understand each other is a real blessing. 

Don’t force her to blindly say yes to anyone just for the sake of change of marital status only……

2 comments:

  1. hii Neha...
    i read almost 5 articles of urs... really intrstng...

    keep posting ... all the best...

    ReplyDelete