Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What is Love???

Today while going through allpoetry.com, I read this beautiful poem written by Pablo Neruda:

Love Sonnet XVII

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you with knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep

There was a time when I don’t believe in LOVE. For me it was a filmi kind of thing which happens only in Bollywood films. I was so confident that I can never fall in LOVE with anyone. Now I can laugh at my stupidity

Gradually with time I came to know about the real meaning of LOVE. When I was a kid I used to fight with my sister for small issues like pen, ice-cream share, study table etc. At that time, I didn’t realize that was nothing, just the LOVE between me and my sis.

In fact the whole world runs on this beautiful feeling. We LOVE our favorites- toy, color, clothes, gadgets etc….
Butterscotch-my favorite flavor of ice-cream. I just LOVE it. Again LOVE???

Sometimes we confused between LOVE, crush, attraction, and infatuation. I think crush, attraction, infatuation are not LOVE but we can change it to LOVE

During the college time, I was in LOVE with one of the news anchors (News anchor??? I always have some "hatke" [different] choices
). Somehow one of my closest friends managed to find out his poster and gifted it to me on my Birthday

I LOVE playing with small kids, LOVE shopping and chocolates. I LOVE my hairs. This fact I came to know this February only when I experimented with my hairs and it resulted in a bad hairstyle…
I tried a lot not to cry but tears started falling on my cheeks.  That day only I realized that I LOVE my hairs too

But sometime LOVE can be different too. LOVE is different when you fall in LOVE with "SOMEONE SPECIAL". When you ready to leave everything for that "special" person in your life…It’s an awesome feeling. You can never think wrong about that person whatever your circumstances may be...

I truly believe that where there is LOVE, everything else can be worked out….

I got this mail some days ago regarding the reason behind the blindness of LOVE….
Once all the feelings decided to play Hide N Seek.
Pain started counting. All others were hiding.
Lie said he will hide near tree but didn’t do that.
LOVE hides in a rose bush.
Everyone was caught except LOVE.
But envy told pain where LOVE was hiding.
So pain jumped in the bush and dragged LOVE out.
Because of thorns in the bush LOVE lost both his eyes.
Hence god cursed pain and he was ordered to be with LOVE forever.
Since then the LOVE is blind and pain always accompanies...

So if LOVE hurts you-Be happy. It means, you are really in LOVE 


But don’t try to hold on to the past. Just MOVE ON…You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one and in the course of writing a new chapter don’t forget to LOVE your life as it is BEAUTIFUL and of course EXPENSIVE too

BTW following is one of my favorite romantic songs. I LOVE the lyrics of this song. Again LOVE???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment