Monday, February 6, 2012

Underestimation!!

Today I got a chance to interact with an EH&S consultant who has around 25 years of domain experience. After a brief introduction he asked me about my knowledge on sustainability, carbon management, Kyoto protocol, risk assessment etc.
Thankfully I know the answers of all the questions. I briefly explained all the concepts to him. Overall the interaction was very fruitful. He gave me some tips on how to enhance my technical skills in SAP field.
From the entire interaction, I came to know about one of my weaknesses that I always underestimate myself. He gave me compliment regarding my communication skills and updated knowledge in EH&S field. But I didn’t respond and just smiled at him. I always feel blank if someone highlights my good points in front of others.
But from today onwards, I have decided that I will accept all the praises more confidently. I think I need to read some good articles on How to accept any compliments elegantly ;-) ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment