Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life is very unpredictable. Last Thursday night my mind was totally preoccupied with my work which I need to complete by Friday.  But the next day my day was started at around 5.45 am in the emergency ward of Apollo hospital. One of my closest friend cum flat mate complaint of severe stomach ache so we rush towards the hospital as the pain was unbearable. The scene at the emergency ward was too pathetic. It was difficult to see the agony of some of the patients. After giving pain killers, she got freedom from the ache and then the entire morning spent in standing in lines for different tests, reports, fee payment, medicines etc.  At around 10.30 am I realized that at 11 am I need to attend one project kickoff meeting. It was impossible to take the con-call in hospital as there were rush and my mobile battery was almost discharged. So I immediately rushed towards the office in my worst attires. Reached office at around 11.15 am but thank god because of some technical issues the meeting was not started at 11 am. In the office, my mind was entirely towards my dress. But I consoled myself that everyone in my team knows that I am coming directly from the hospital and it was Friday so casuals were allowed. Call ended at around 1 pm and again I rushed towards my home… Finally my friend got discharged from the hospital at 2 pm. Again reached office at 3 pm. Did some mental exercises in doing one new assignment…. When I reached home at around 8.30 pm, I was totally exhausted. But all my tiredness went off when I saw the smiling face of my friend Shweta…and then we started doing acting of my friend when she was in hospital, discussions on doctors. One of the doctors was very smartJJJ. So we all were scolding Shweta for her early discharge from the hospital as we could not see that doctor again. We tried to attempt everything to make her smile and to forget about her illness. From that small incident, I realized the strong bond that exists between me and her.....

No comments:

Post a Comment