Saturday, September 3, 2011

FEAR....

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

                                                                                By
Frank Herbert


In our day to day life, many times we come across fear for one or the other reason. I met many people who live in constant fear of failure and unable to enjoy the present moments of life. I think that the best way to overcome your fear is just to face it. Previously I had a fear of heights (Acrophobia). I never had the courage to look down whenever I climbed to any height or multi storey buildings. But, in 2009, when I went to Kashmir with my friends, I was determined to at least start my battle to overcome my fear of heights. In Gulmarg, at one place, we have to mount a very steep slope. My friends climbed that slope easily. But, I climbed it very slowly. I forced myself not to look down and in the end I make it. It was a great victory act for me J J J

Because of that little daring act, now I don’t have any problem with heights. I believe that most of us will have to learn to face and overcome or at least manage our deepest fears.
If we faced our fear directly instead of running away, we will not give up easily on anything in life. Most of the time our fears are nothing but our negative assumptions only. So by thinking positive or by changing our mindset, we can overcome from them.

Even if after adopting different techniques to overcome your fears if you failed; don’t get disappointed. Always remember that no one is perfect. Everyone has one or more limitations. Accept yourself and persistently believe in your capabilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment