Friday, August 10, 2012


Yesterday while coming from the office, I went to one departmental store to buy some groceries. While looking for green tea for Shewta’s father, a guy who was of my age group came and commented that so green tea is the secret of your fitness.  I felt odd as I didn’t know him and ignored his comment.
Then at the billing counter that guy was standing in front of me. There was a proud look on his face. He was working for one of the reputed IT companies. That I came to know because while showing off his smart phone, he dropped his I card from his hand

Then at the time of billing, he opened his wallet and gave credit card for payment. While giving card, he looked at me and again there was a sense of achievement in his face!!!

Really I don’t know what was the real reason behind his overconfident looks-the work which he is doing or the salary which he gets by the end of the month???

For the past three years I am working in IT sector and I am not doing anything great. Being a functional consultant my work is to understand the client requirements, and implement the ERP solution accordingly.

At the college time, I had pride on myself when I got distinction marks in all the semesters and had a job after fourth semester. I don’t have that pride anymore. It doesn’t mean that I am not enjoying my professional life but I never use my debit/credit cards, laptop, official ID, smart phone etc as a style statement. Moreover salary/cards are not the criteria of achieving anything great. My purse is also full of credit and debit cards.
Life in IT sector is different and stressful too. I agree we get good salary compared to other jobs but the lifestyle which we are living is not at all good. Because of working continuously on laptop, sometimes I face the problem of pain in my shoulders/back . Next week I have to attend three con calls whose timings are 2 am to 5am. Means I have to disturb my sleep for 3 days. I don’t think that it is sign of achieving anything great

In IT sector, you will not get any cubicle if you are not allocated to any project. I have seen many software engineers sitting idle at the cafeteria; library as they don’t have any computer, access to work-stations.

I guess that guy has chosen a wrong girl for show off. It is too difficult for me to get impressed by any IT professional


No comments:

Post a Comment