Wednesday, August 8, 2012


Each day brings a new lesson for you. Isn’t it?? This week I learned that one has to take every examination seriously ;-) ;-)

 Last week my manager told me that I need to clear one English assessment exam. In my current organization before going for any on-site opportunity, one needs to clear this exam, with above L7 grade. There is a grading system in this examination from grade L1 to L10.  It is a Basic exam which checks your English reading, listening, grammar and speaking skills. Time management is very essential for clearing it as you need to answer 72 questions in 50 minutes.

I took this exam very casually and went to exam centre last week. (Yeah there is a dedicated lab for this exam!!!)  But unluckily I forgot to take care of time management and  screwed up reading section and consequently speaking part too resulting in L6 grade which means “fail”. I was shocked to see the result....

There are only two attempts for clearing this exam. Yesterday again I gave it but there was tremendous pressure on me. I was scared when I reached the examination centre. I don’t know why but there was a deep fear in me that what will happen if I again messed up reading part as one need to read 16 different 3-4 paragraphs comprehensions for answering 16 questions and you get around 50 seconds for each question.

But today when the result was declared on the portal I got L9 .I am feeling relieved now. But this is a big lesson for me. Now before giving any assessment I will take care of every minute detail so that I will not face such situation again in life!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment