Friday, August 17, 2012


Today I faced a funny incident. I have a habit of saying hello to the security lady who sits near my work station for bag checking. Daily I used to smile at her and say Hi whenever I went out for water/tea/coffee etc. Very often she tries to communicate with me but failed as I don’t know Telugu and she doesn’t speak proper Hindi or English.

Today in the evening when I came out of my work area for filling my empty water bottle; she followed me and said that you are looking like a hero in this dress. (She said this in her broken Telugu plus Hindi language). I thought that she is saying that I am looking like a male in my white jeans and top. It was a worst comment for me. (Me looking like a boy…Oh God!!!) 

It took two-three minutes for me to come out from the shock .Then I replied that maybe I am wearing jeans that’s why. Then she laughed and said that no it’s a compliment. You are looking hero. Then by her actions I came to know that she meant to say that I am looking good in this dress. But unknowingly she was using term Hero instead of Heroine :) :) :)

I learned that I need to understand Telugu if I want to hear compliments in this language....

P.S: By the way Shikha today I was wearing the same pink top, which you have gifted me on my birthday last month :) :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment