Thursday, July 21, 2011

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
I love simplicity. I think it is the best method with the help of which you can make your life less stressful and content. Today I went out for lunch with my office friends. There was one family sitting just adjacent to us. When the food served, the mother asked her daughter who was hardly 6-7 years old to use fork and knife. The girl tried a lot but she failed to use it properly and for that she got a good lecture from her mother. Because of the whole incident the daughter felt very embarrassed. She looked at me once but I ignored her and pretended that I didn’t hear anything. The whole incident forced me to think that why some parents strained their children to do things perfectly. At the tender age of 6-7, I guess (I don’t know much about parenting; therefore I am using the word guess) eating is more important than the table manners...
When I was a kid, I was very weak in studies while my sister was a very bright student. But my mother never compared me with anyone. I still remember when I was in class 5, I asked my mother that I don’t want to study further and she patiently listened my frustrations regarding my inability to remember things. She never scolded me in front of anyone regarding my weakness in studies. Gradually I developed an interest in books and never looked back…Thanks a lot mom for understanding my feelings at every point of life. It’s because of you only I am well educated and self dependent….

No comments:

Post a Comment