Sunday, May 8, 2011


‘Your nature is absolute peace. You are not the mind. Silence your mind through concentration and meditation, and you will discover the peace of the Spirit that you are, and have always been’
‘Learn to calm down the winds of your mind, and you will enjoy great inner peace’

                                                  (Author of both the quotes : Anonymous)
Around six months ago, HCM team in our office has conducted one session on meditation. I found that session very informative. Somewhere, I wished that I too get a chance to attend meditation classes. Last week one of my friends told me that meditation classes are conducted very close to my place.  I decided that I will do it very sincerely and try to get the best out of it. Today I attended my first session on Raja yoga meditation. The main aim of Raja Yoga meditation is to control all thought-waves or mental modifications.  It is a seven day course.
It was an awesome experience for me. The instructor beautifully explained the entire concept behind spirituality, what is the relation between good karmas and bad ones, rebirth, etc. She told me about the advantages of meditation. Meditation gives you a clear spiritual understanding of yourself, helps you rediscover and use the positive qualities already latent within you, enables you to develop your strengths of character and create new attitudes and responses to life.
While doing meditation I tried to focus on supreme point of purest energy/GOD, but failed to do so. Perhaps it was my first attempt that’s why.  Tomorrow again I have to wake up early in the morning to attend its second session.
So friends may be by the end of this course you will find new Neha; less talkative, more mature, and balanced person. I am not sure about the first one because I love to interact with people, but I will try to incorporate the remaining two qualities into me...



No comments:

Post a Comment