Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Learn to say "I don't know." If used when appropriate, it will be often.
                                                                                             - Donald Rumsfeld

I do not know why some people pretend that they know everything in their respective domain and for proving their views right they give silly examples. Very often I come across such type of people especially during presentations, training and KT sessions. Instead of saying I don’t know; they give irrelevant explanation of your questions/queries or try to deviate from the main topic…..

What is wrong in saying that “I don’t know”? No one is perfect in this world. Learning is a never ending process. When we learn to say: “I don’t know” openly, then we will also be open to learn new things from others.

I believe that to utter these three words, “I don’t know” in front of many people require more courage and self-confidence than pretending to know everything. The choice is yours whether you want to trap in your own net by giving wrong examples or want to learn more by saying that I don’t know, but I am ready to learn!!! J J J




No comments:

Post a Comment