Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Positive thinking



"The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.”
                                                                                                - By Winston Churchill  
It happens with almost all of us that when something wrong happens, we start feeling gloomy and try to blame the things on the head of other people, situations or circumstances. We are afraid of taking responsibility of our own acts and, in this act we divert our potential to a wrong direction and try to find out the best reason which can defend our failure.

When we blame things on others, it makes us feel like a victim of our own destiny. We feel weak and powerless. There is one incidence in my life, which has changed the entire way of my thinking. After completing class XII, I dropped one year and took coaching classes for medical entrance exams. But unfortunately, I couldn’t clear it in spite of putting my all efforts. I was in depression and incised my social life. At that time my mother and my sister inspired me a lot and helped me in coming out of that difficult phase in my life. They made me believe in my strength and my personality was changed from that day. Now I believe in myself and I start taking responsibility of everything that happens to me instead of blaming things on “luck” or “God”. (Thanks a lot "Mom" and "Shikha" for making my life beautiful).

You don't have the control on what happens with you, but by controlling your negative response towards failure you can emerge as a true hero. Take the responsibility of your deeds; it will make you action oriented. You will see that just by adopting positive attitude, your mind will start working towards the solution rather than finding excuses for the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment