Sunday, November 18, 2012

Diwali 2012


Diwali is the biggest and brightest of all Indian festivals. I simply love all the rituals associated with this festival, especially illumination of homes with diyas and candles, colorful Rangoli and traditional Lakshmi-Ganesha Puja.

This year I have celebrated Diwali in a different manner in Pune and its credit goes to Anky Bhaiya.

In the evening we went to one orphanage to give some groceries. That orphanage was meant for the AIDS infected children. I always read about this disease in books, newspaper, but first time I saw the people infected by this deadly disease. All children were in the age group of approximately 4-15 only and there was no fear of disease on their faces. 

Some were busy in making Rangoli; some were busy in playing hide and seek game.  I will never forget the beautiful smile on the face of one of the kids when I said Happy Diwali to him.  

We spent some time there and from those children I learned that no matter what happens to us, we should live our life in the best possible manner!!!

I also realized that festivals are not about expensive gifts or the show off. It’s all about being with our loved ones and acknowledging their importance in our life. 

Though I didn’t burst any single cracker, this Diwali was the best Diwali for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment