Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A short break – I loved it!!!


Yesterday after nine days, I came back to Pune.  In the morning when I opened my desktop I felt awkward. During these nine days, I didn’t even touch my laptop and said bye-bye to social networking sites/ blogging.

Feeling invigorated now ;) ;) I have celebrated Dusherra and Durgapooja at home after a period of three years and it was an amazing experience for me. October and November are the best months to visit Lucknow city because of good climate and festivity spread all around. The people of Lucknow are very soft spoken, courteous and treat guests like Gods.

The culture of Lucknow is still very much alive and trip to this city will remain incomplete if you don’t head out to Hazaratganj for an evening stroll. It is the heart of the city and is famous for street food, shopping complexes, coffee house. The best thing I liked about my city was the empty roads.  The traffic jam problem  is very common in Delhi, Pune and Hyderabad.

I have spent my entire time in shopping, exploring Durga Pooja pandals, eating and also tried to give a new look to the living area of our home. My aim of starting a career in the interior decoration is reaffirmed during these vacations. But I don’t know when I will get courage to leave my well paid job ;) ;)

Celebrating festivals at home really matters a lot. I simply love family get together which occur during festivals. The excitement of festivals gets doubled if the family is large :) :)

Looking forward for other planned holidays in December….

New look of living area...

Durga Puja Pandal

Durga Puja Pandal

Navratri Celebrations...

Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati

Lord Ganesha....

2 comments:

  1. the room looks as it was...whn v came thr...did u evn touch nytng...u lier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abe pir se aa ker dekh lena..did changes in showcase and dining area...yeh pure room ka pic nhn hai ;)BTW phir kab aa rahe ho???

    ReplyDelete